Sunday, November 22, 2009

How I Stumbled Across the Best Fat Burning Workout Ever


I've meaning to write this e-mail for a long time. Today I will tell you the story of how I am with the problem of an efficient and effective fat loss program finished dissolved in 45 minutes.

Basically, I stumbled on the best fat-burning workout ever.

And then I'll end with a sample workout for you ...

But first we want a trip down memory lane, the winter of 98-99. I was just a humble graduate student, studying the effects of androstenedione (the supplement through the power of Mark McGwire during his record-breaking home run quest made in '98).

(In my study in the Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology for any science freaks like me out there since it was published), we had guys use the supplement and go through a few weight training sessions. From February '99 I was down in the lab, the analysis of blood samples with an unusual radioactive isotope.

And when I say, put in the lab, I mean play. I would get it to 7, and take my last data point at 11 clock. Sixteen hours of Mad Science. And if I was not there, I was downstairs in the medical library, studying papers on testosterone and training.

Now comes from a very athletic background, this sedentary lifestyle did not sit well with me. But as I was leaving to study for a degree in Exercise Physiology and no time for exercise. Or so I thought.

Luckily I was actually a 50-minute window once per day "down time" while analyzing the laboratory gamma counter blood samples.

That left me 50 minutes to get to the gym (5 minutes across campus) and a workout in the remaining 40 minutes or so to get. I knew that if I applied my studies to the training, I was able to get maximum results in shortest time.

As a former athlete, I knew I had to find a way to keep fit and to gain the fat that comes with working long hours in a sedentary environment can be avoided. And I had to remain faithful to the high-school bodybuilder I once was, so there was no way I was willing to sacrifice my muscle to one of those long-heart fat, low protein binding-loss plans that are popular at the time were.

Instead, I had to draw on my studies and my experiences in dealing with athletes as a strength and conditioning coach of the school.

I knew that sprint intervals were associated with more fat loss than slow heart, and I knew that you could also increase aerobic fitness by sprints (but you can not increase sprint performance) by doing aerobic training.

So clear intervals were (and are!) Think long, slow heart.

I have seen first hand the incredible results of sprint intervals in summer and autumn, as the athletes made huge fitness improvements and shed winter fat in a short time with my interval programs. I knew that intervals had to be the next step in the development of cardiovascular diseases.

The biggest advantage of the intervals? Many of the results in the shortest time. I knew that I spend only 40 minutes to train, so I was only 15-20 minutes to intervals.

Now on the strength training part of the training. I knew that a high-volume bodybuilding program did not want to cut - I had no time. But in the last year I had read so many lifting studies, that I knew exactly what exercises I needed to do to maximize my lifting time in the gym.

These exercises were, cleanses multi-muscle movements like squats, presses, rows, power, and many others are on one leg exercises. I knew that these exercises give me a lot more results than the people sitting on machines bringing ever reach would be.

And I also knew I was into heavier lift than the average Joe or Jane Gym-Goer lifts. I just knew that this lighter weights and high reps did not want to cut. And a study from 2001 later showed that I was right - when women were 8 repetitions per set, they had a significantly greater increase in post-workout metabolism than if they did 15 repetitions per set.

So I had my plan. Bust my tail over to the gym, through the cold, cloudy Canadian winter afternoon, and do a quick but thorough warmup (specific to my lifts - none of it 5 minutes on the treadmill waste of time).

When I walk through the warm-up, I have so many sets as I could in the rest of 20 minutes strength training.

At that point I knew that supersets were the only way to go, I wanted the number of sentences I could not maximize ... So the non-competing superset of Turbulence Training was established.

Non-competing, I mean that the 2 exercises in the upper quantity is not in conflict. You can use upper and lower body exercises together, or pushing and pulling exercises. Just be careful not to two grip-intensive exercises to use in a superset - otherwise it will suffer an exercise, if not both.

And then I followed the strength training with intervals, as I knew they had to follow the lifting, otherwise it is not the right exercise to would be. Remember, intervals first leads to premature fatigue. Lift first lover. Forget that old story about women doing the first heart burn more fat. That is rubbish.

You know, I remember the exact day and exact workout that this all came together in the fat burning program. It hit me as I was finishing my intervals. I knew I had something that was found as fat loss magic.

Unfortunately I could not find a way to put it in a pill. But I'm able to put it on paper in the fat burning programs.

The exact training I have on that day so it went ...

Warm-up

1 set of Bodyweight Squats

1 set of push-ups

1 set of squats with the empty bar

1 set of light dumbbell chest presses

1 set of moderate weight squats

1 set of moderate weight dumbbell chest presses

Strength Training Superset # 1 - squats with dumbbell chest presses (3 supersets the aim of pairs for 8 reps per side per set)

Strength Training Superset # 2 - DB Rows paired with Barbell Forward Lunges (3 supersets the goal) for 8 reps per set

Stationary Bike Intervals

After a warm-up, I have 6 intervals of 45 seconds work and 45 seconds break, ending with a cool-down.

And from that time I have tried this and all other fat-burning workout with shares, how many men and women as possible.

The same men and women, I would see day-in and-out day, the same ineffective slow-cardio fat loss programs, and not a damn change every month. And every day, they would see me, bathed in sweat, feeling great and looking lean, and finishing other fat-burning workout.

Eventually I noticed these other men and women were not as consistent as before, and then soon enough they would drop completely, finally, they have not been getting results with their slow cardio andaerobics classes (yep, the is still around in '99!).

And so we are here today ... Later, thousands of fat burning workouts.

This fat-burning training are the # 1 way too fast fat loss.

Thank you, that some of the fat-burning revolution and for the sharing of this new and improved fat loss and cardio training with the world.

So if you see someone frustrated with their ineffective fat loss program, tell them there is a better way. It's research-based, efficient and above all effective. And yes, it goes against the crowd. But it works.

And these fat burning workouts are better now than ever before.

Editor Tips

There is no question that people have for centuries maintained a love affair with chocolate. Accept organic, healthy dark chocolate, like a heart and soul healthy food, rather than simply feel good snack will certainly take some getting used.

Without doubt, muscle growth complex matter. There are many, many factors to affect the muscle growth process, including but not limited to, physical activity, hormones, illness, age, genetic factors and the quality and quantity of food.

I only have one chance to help the bones and hearts and eyes, and it took 30 years for the government to realize that DDT was responsible for so many health problems and deaths of many children before it in the U.S. was banned, I will not leave until the EPA to decide what is safe for my growing children.